One year later, I have three relays. Two in my primary home, and one in my secondary home. Here are the pros and cons after living with them for a year.
- Very attractive on the wall. One of mine sits next to the Nest thermostat and looks great.
- Dedicated software and hardware buttons for everything that Wink Supports
- Easy way to setup a “Hello” and “Goodbye” button for the house by the front door.
- I use the “evening” & “goodnight” software buttons every single day.
- Layout lends itself towards a few buttons being used a lot, and many buttons buried behind too many clicks or steps.
- Despite the attractive look, and intuitive interface, most visitors and members of the family simply don’t use it.
- Too many buttons. Requires the user to eliminate the clutter or risk confusion on the user’s part.